Monday, June 14, 2010

Pain

Pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage, or described in terms of such damage.[1] It is the feeling common to such experiences as stubbing a toe, burning a finger, putting iodine on a cut, and bumping the "funny bone".[2]


Pain motivates us to withdraw from damaging or potentially damaging situations, protect the damaged body part while it heals, and avoid those situations in the future.[3] It is initiated by stimulation of nociceptors in the peripheral nervous system, or by damage to or malfunction of the peripheral or central nervous systems.[4]
Most pain resolves promptly once the painful stimulus is removed and the body has healed, but sometimes pain persists despite removal of the stimulus and apparent healing of the body; and sometimes pain arises in the absence of any detectable stimulus, damage or pathology.[5]

i had to look up the definition..lol
this word PAIN had been in my daily vocab for a couple of months..as i write its 4:54am and im in pain again waiting for my drugs to kick in..
BUT i do have to say another word has been on my mind and thats PRAYER... my friends and family have been amazing..praying and encouraging me along this awful journey..
I just wanted to thank everyone..it has meant so much to me that people care how i am doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment